• Nominees may include an individual lawyer or a group of lawyers who / that has been subject to obstruction, suppression or any form of constraint in the practice of his / her profession or has accepted a significant degree of risk of this happening.
• Nominees must be (or consist of) practicing lawyers, or recently have been practicing lawyers.
• Nominees must work to promote the rule of law and human rights in an exceptional way.
• Nominees can be of any nationality and be from any country of origin.
• Unknown lawyers may have preference, nominees may benefit from recognition and publicity.
• Any lawyer or organisation already nominated for an earlier human rights prize, including the L4L Award, may be nominated again.
• Anyone can nominate a lawyer or a group of lawyers. However, lawyers or groups of lawyers may not nominate themselves.
• Nominations may be submitted in the following languages: Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish.
• The closing date for submission of nominations is 15 February 2017.
• Nominations may be submitted by post, e-mail or on our website (see the form to the right).
Lawyers for Lawyers
P.O. Box 7113 1007 JC AMSTERDAM
Tel. +31 (0)626 274 390